The competition was strong with Bradford on Avon, Warminster, Wootton Bassett and Tigersharks all competing. 8 of our swimmers entered this year’s event. Each swimmer competed in either 50m or 100m races (depending on age) across the 4 strokes, with the top 6 ranked swimmers in each age group competing in a 100m or 200m IM final.
It was a very hot day but all the swimmers remained focused and prepared themselves during the warm up sessions by practicing their starts and fine tuning their turns in readiness for racing.
Oliver Spurgeon swam well throughout the event and made the medal position in 3 of his 4 races, collecting Silver in 50m Butterfly, 50m Backstroke and 50m Breaststroke. This booked his place in the final for the boys 9 years 100 IM. Beatrice Price made the 200 IM final on the strength of her 100m Breaststroke event, where she collected a bronze medal.
The 9 Years boys 100 IM final went very much to form, with Oliver picking up a well deserved 2nd place. He had competed throughout the day with confidence and remained focused in the final to comfortably take 2nd place. In the 13 Years girls 200 IM final, Beatrice put in a very determined performance, against a strong line up, she finished in 6th place, but made the swimmer finishing in 5th work exceptionally hard for her placing. Well done to you both!!
Well done to all our swimmers, here is a full list of the PB’s:
– Evelina Sullivan (50m) – FLY 59.61 (3.97 PB), Back 49.37, Breast 51.07 (3.52 PB), F/C 40.78 (8.01 PB)
– Oliver Spurgeon – (50m) – FLY 45.92, Breast 53.04 (1.42 PB), (100m IM Final) – 1.39.13 (8.59 PB)
– Matthew Sheppard – (50m) – Breast 59.70, F/C 43.21 (0.41 PB)
– Jamie Sheppard – (100m) – FLY 2.11.15, Back 1.54.48, Breast 2.05.01, F/C 1.37.15
– Beatrice Price – (100m) – FLY 1.44.81 (2.17 PB), Back 1.32.07 (0.34 PB), Breast 1.40.04 (4.51 PB), F/C 1.20.80, (200m IM Final) – 3.18.31 (10.66 PB)
– Callum Ballantyne – (100m) FLY 2.10.47
– Danny Mula – (100m) – FLY 1.28.26 (2.87 PB) Breast 1.38.39 (6.39 PB) F/C 1.15.36 (0.16 PB)